Welcome To Lazarus

Instead of a "BANG", humanity is passing away with the shuffling of dead feet, and hungry moans. Desperate men and women fight against the rising tide for the newly risen dead.Sometimes, though, the undead are not he most dangerous things out there. Civilization has failed the test; the only thing left is survival.

Lazarus is just one of many places where humanity holds on by a thread, and life and death come as easily as a roll of the dice.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Acheson ATZ Minis - Pt 2 (The Clown and Cultists Painted)

Here are the first painted offerings from Acheson Creations line of 28mm All Things Zombie line of figures.  After my initial review last week, I decided to paint the Clown and Cultists set. Mainly, because the three over sized figures tie in nicley with the Big Jon and the Zombies post from December.  You can see in the photo below, that even mounted on fender washers, they stand half a head taller than the other fig on a 25mm round slotta base.

I was right, these figures paint up much nicer than the photo on the Acheson site would suggest. I don't know if it is the photo, or the paint job, or what; they just do. The homeless guy has lots of "flair" on his coat and a maniacal look on his face.  The clown's face is just down right creepy.  And again, who doesn't need an evil clown in their collection?  The machete wielding man has what I take to be a flight suit and life preserver on; which makes my mind whirl thinking of what kind of back story you could come up with for him.  The pot bellied man is wearing what looks like a tuxedo jacket, complete with tails, and trousers to me, and has a tool belt, complete with hammer and other tools, and a boy scout hatchet chinched around his waist.  Again what a back story you could weave for him.

All in all, at $7.50 + shipping, these figs are well worth the price, in my book.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice my favorite is the third guy with machette and silenced pistol? Reminds me of the dude from Day by Day Armageddon coz he is wearing a flight suit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! They look great...Very tempted to buy them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look much better with a lick of paint on. I've added them to my shopping list, mainly because I want/need the killer clown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great. I'm digging the clown a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking figures! Love the homeless guy's maniacal expression.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking figures and top paint job.

    ReplyDelete